The following cases have been heard at Southampton Magistrates' Court...

OWEN MCDONAGH, 22, of no fixed abode pleaded guilty to four counts of assault by beating of an emergency worker, one count of assault by beating and another of racially or religiously aggravated intentional harassment, alarm or distress. The offences took place in Hedge End. He also admitted theft from a shop after £425.25 worth of children's toys were stolen from Sainsbury's, Southampton. He received a six-week sentence suspended for 12 months with 25 rehabilitation days. He was given a restraining order banning him from going to the Conservative Club in Hedge End. 

CATHERINE GOODWIN, 46, of Jacobs Gutter Lane, Totton pleaded guilty to two counts of drug driving at Lordshill District Centre. She was banned from driving for 18 months and fined £500. Goodwin was ordered to pay £85 court costs and a £200 surcharge. 

CHRISTOPHER MOONEY, 42, of Derby Road, Southampton admitted to four counts of assault by beating. He received a 16-week sentence suspended for two years with a 30-day accredited programme and 10 rehabilitation days. He was handed a restraining order banning him from contacting his victim for two years. Mooney must pay £620 court costs and a £154 surcharge. 

Read our previous court round-up here

JONATHAN FIELD, 45, of Ferrymans Quay, Netley Abbey admitted to driving whilst disqualified on Peartree Avenue. He received a four-month sentence suspended for 18 months with up to 20 rehabilitation days and an 18-month driving ban. Field must also pay £85 court costs plus a £154 surcharge. 

STEPHEN BISHOP, 54, of Cranbury Terrace, Southampton admitted to possessing a controlled drug of Class B, namely amphetamine. He received a 12-month conditional discharge and must pay £85 court costs. An order was made for the forfeiture and destruction of the drugs. 

STEPHEN WEIR, 34, of Bluebell Road, Southampton admitted a charge of harassment at Napier Road in that he sent abusive and threatening messages and phone calls to his victim. Weir was jailed for three months. He was given a three-year restraining order banning him from contacting his victim.