SAM McQueen scored a stunning free kick as Saints U23s replicated the first team’s 3-2 win at West Brom at Staplewood last night.

Tyreke Johnson and Aaron O’Driscoll scored the other goals as Radhi Jaidi’s boys made it back-to-back wins in Premier League 2.

Johnson opened the scoring in the eighth minute, tapping in at the far post after an impressive move.

Within five minutes, West Brom were level as Nick Clayton-Phillips headed in a free-kick from the right.

Five minutes later, McQueen responded with his dead-ball screamer.

The left-back has not played in the Premier League since the turn of the year.

But he reminded Mauricio Pellegrino of his talents in style, driving a dipping 30-yarder over the wall and into the roof of the net with his instep to restore the home side’s advantage.

It remained that way until half time.

Michael Obafemi struck the post from inside the six-yard box following a 54th-minute corner.

Another Johnson flag-kick eight minutes later led to the winning goal.

Centre-half O’Driscoll was the quickest to react when it was flicked on and fired it in low from eight yards.

Jack Rose was sent the wrong way from the penalty spot in the 68th minute.

But just like the first team at the Hawthorns, Saints hung on to their lead.

They were unfortunate not to score a fourth when Johnson slid in at the far post to meet a right-flank cross from the impressive Josh Sims.

The ball looked to have crossed the line after striking the underside of the crossbar in the 83rd minute.

But Saints still took three points to add to last week’s win against Stoke.

Their next match is against Cardiff U23s in the Premier League Cup on Friday

Saints U23s: Jack Rose, Yann Valery, Alfie Jones, Aaron O’Driscoll, Sam McQueen; Ben Rowthorn, Callum Slattery; Josh Sims, Jake Hesketh, Tyreke Johnson; Michael Obafemi.

Subs: Harry Hamblin, Kingsley Latham, Will Wood, Nathan Tella, Olufela Olomola.

l Adam Lallana was sent off for violent conduct while playing for Liverpool U23s against Tottenham in Premier League 2 last night.

The ex-Saint grabbed the neck of teenager George Marsh after being clattered by the Spurs teenager at Stevenage, before being dragged away by teammate Danny Ings.

Lallana, 29, has been restricted to just seven appearances for Liverpool this season by thigh and groin injuries.