"YOU are not being disloyal to Lucy."

That is the message police are issuing to friends of teenage murder victim Lucy McHugh two weeks after her death.

Detectives have revealed they are sifting through more than 15,000 hours of CCTV footage as they bid to bring the 13-year-old's killer to justice.

Det Supt Paul Barton thanked the public for its help, which has seen more than 200 reports made to police in relation to the crime.

And he pleaded with friend and acquaintances of Lucy's to speak to officers if they have any information.

He said: "This is one of our biggest investigations in recent years and more than 200 officers have been involved up to now.

"However, there is so much work to be done and we continue to seek information about the murder weapon and Lucy’s final movements.

"Some people may have been away and missed our appeals, so we urge members of the public to keeping sharing them with their friends.

"We now know that Lucy was in Lordswood on the morning she left home. What I really want to know is where she was going and who was she meeting.

"If you are one of Lucy’s friends, can you tell us who she may know who either lives in or frequents the Lordswood area?

"Did Lucy tell you about someone she was going to meet that day or has met before in the area?

"Lucy may have told you this in confidence but you are not being disloyal to her by giving us this information now - you will not be in trouble if you have been holding this back."

Lucy left her house in Mansel Road East, Southampton, at about 9am on Wednesday, July 25.

It was revealed by police yesterday that she was captured in CCTV footage at the Tesco Express on the corner of Coxford Road and Lordswood Road at 9.30am.

She was found dead at the nearby Southampton Sports Centre at about 7.45am on Thursday, July 26.

Earlier in the investigation, Stephen Nicholson, 24, from Southampton, was charged with an offence which relates to failing to disclose a password to his Facebook account to detectives investigating Lucy’s murder.

He was also arrested on suspicion of murder and sexual activity with a child, and was subsequently technically bailed in relation to those offences, with conditions not to enter the Southampton area.

He was remanded in custody until 31 August.

Anyone who has information on the incident is asked to call 101, quoting Operation Refund, or visit https://protect-eu.mimecast.com/s/hr2xCq7EEskQzA5SZVj26.