FIRE Officers have completed their investigation into a vehicle fire which occurred on Westfield Common, Hamble on Sunday evening.

The van caught fire after a leak from a gas cooking cylinder in the back of the van went up in flames, sparked by a cigarette, which severely damaged the van and one car parked next to it.

Firefighters were called just before 7.15pm to tackle the blaze which saw two men, both 19-years-old from Southampton, taken to hospital by road and air ambulance with severe burns.

They are both being treated at Southampton General Hospital.

For more information on how to use a gas barbecue visit