THEY were founded in 1886, tasting success various times through the decades.

The height of their glory came in 1982 when they emerged as champions of Hampshire League Division 1 as well as lifting the Russell Cotes Cup, Hampshire Intermediate Cup, Southampton Senior Cup and the Reg Mathieson Trophy.

The following year The Stags continued their run of success by reaching the fifth round of the FA Vase, losing 1-0 to the cup holders Forest Green Rovers.

The club played their early games at South Testwood Park before moving to Testwood Park in December 1933.

They joined with Totton Athletic in 1975 at which point they installed floodlights and opened a club room and bar.