THE CITY OF SOUTHAMPTON (BURSLEDON ROAD) (A3024) (NO.3) ORDER 2020Notice ID: BOU1699271
THE CITY OF SOUTHAMPTON (BURSLEDON ROAD) (A3024) (NO.3) ORDER 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT SOUTHAMPTON CITY COUNCIL made'the" above Order on 22nd April 2020 The effects of the Order are:-
1. To remove the With-flow Bus Lane restriction in Bursledon Road, southwest side. From 47m northwest of the south-eastern kerbline of Orpen Road north-westwards for 477m.
2. To remove the Contra-flow Bus Lane restrictions in Kathleen Road, From its junction with Bursledon Road to its junction with High Firs Road, and Orpen Road, From its junction with Bursledon Road to its junction with Butts Road.
3. To remove the Banned Right Turn restrictions from Bath Road into Bursledon Road, and from Hinkler Road into Bursledon Road.
4. To introduce a two-way cycle lane in the following lengths of road:
(a) Bursledon Road, north-east side, From 18m west of Gavan Street south-eastwards to 20m south-east of Gavan Street;
5. To revoke and replace The City of Southampton (Bursledon Road) (A3024) Order 2019
Note: The City of Southampton (Bursledon Road) (A3024) Order 2019 is
revoked and replaced by this Order and The City of Southampton (Bursledon
Road) (A3024) (Speed Limits) Order 2020.
The Order comes into operation on 25th April 2020.
Copies of the Order, relevant maps and statements of reasons for proposing
may be inspected during normal working hours at Civic Centre, Southampton,
S014 7LY. Further information may also be obtained from the Southampton
Highways Partnership (Traffic Management) on 023 8079 8021.
Any person wishing to question the validity of the Order or any of its
provisions, on the grounds that it is not within the powers of the relevant
enabling Act, or that a requirement of any such enabling Act or of any
relevant regulations made thereunder has not been complied with, may,
within 6 weeks from the date of the Order, make application for this purpose
to the High Court.
Dated: 24th April 2020
Richard Ivory, Solicitor
Service Director: Legal and Governance
Southampton and Fareham Legal Services Partnership